Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Are we really doing this?

OK, Christmas is over, time to start the MOVE PROCESS. So far we've filled out (not sent in yet) our visa applications for living in China and moving in and out of the country. We've made arrangement to sell a bunch of our furniture and applicances, plus we've cleaned out a few closets. We've gotten a van, villa and school in China. And, as of today, we are the proud owners of one-way tickets to China. OK, when I got that airline confirmation email from Tim I almost started to cry, then I almost threw up. Yep, we are definetly moving. Everything I know right now will be different. I kind of just want to curl up into a ball and make it all go away. BUT, I have to go back to my Moving to China Mission Statement: "One must move OUTSIDE (way the heck outside, in this case) one's comfort zone in order to grow." And growth is good, therefore change is good. Strip away all that doesn't REALLY matter to see what remains. Time for some big-ass growth, y'all.
Truly, I don't know how I'm going to live so far away from my parents. And my church. And my tae kwon do class, which I love. Oh, the house, the kitchen, my big, soft bed.
This is Freaking Out Day, I guess. Tomorrow will be Gosh, I'm So Excited To Move to China Day, I just know it.

1 comment:

Michelle W. said...

Hang in there Michelle!
Things will fall into place.
I am SO excited for you guys (and OH, how I wish I could tag-a-long!)
I am sure it will be hard at first, being so far away from all things/persons familiar, but we are just an e-mail or phone call away!

My friend Beth just found out that they are leaving Korea, and she is on the opposite end of the scale! She thinks that she, (and especially her kids,) will have such culture shock coming 'home.' She has many of the same worries as you....car, house, belongings, etc. It has been so eye opening to me to read both of your stories! (And boy does it give me 'Wanderlust!')

I wish you peace of mind as you continue to prepare!
Love,
the OTHER Michelle! ;-)