Thursday, February 08, 2007

Anticipation

Well, here we are only 9 days from liftoff. The movers have come and gone - our stuff is all either in storage, on its way to China via ocean, in China thanks to air freight, or just plain ol' gone. Now we just tie up all our loose ends, say our final goodbyes to our dear friends and family, and pack up our immediate-stuff-needs. The 06 taxes are done, the online class is done. At night I just sit and try to think of something exciting or funny to put on my blog. Sorry - still new at this.

Has anyone noticed all the excellent 80's bands are now doing ads? The Violent Femmes are doing Wendy's, the Clash is doing, what, Cadillac, I think? Oh - and Hendrix is doing a Verizon ad (I know he's not 80's, but still...)Yikes. Kids, we're officially old.

OK, back to the China thing. I'm not looking forward to a 16-hour flight with the kids. It's not going to be easy on them, and I feel bad for them. I'm wondering if we should bring along a tub of ear plugs for anybody near us.

I think I'm going to be crying the whole time after saying goodbye to my mommy and Wayne. I'm used to seeing them every couple days. Sixteen hours of straight tears - I'm going to be a lovely sight when we land in Hong Kong. But how very exciting! It will be Chinese New Year when we get there and we have wonderful friends who will meet us and show us around, show us the ropes and how to get food and everything. Our adventure is right around the bend.

Next time I post we'll either be there, in China, living there or else I'll still be freaking out in TN. What'll it be? Can you handle the suspense??

No comments: