Thursday, February 15, 2007

Today was the kids' last day of school. It was so sad to say goodbye to my fellow mom-friends and the preschool teachers. I think everyone had a tough time saying goodbye to my babies, too. Ella was crying a bunch.

Alex's last day was sad but sweet, too. His teacher had everyone make him a card with their address and phone # on it, and how much they'd miss him. She also wrote him a nice note telling him he would be missed and good luck and all. It was a completely different sendoff than I expected from her and I have to admit I didn't give her enough credit. I apologize, Ms. Teacher.

Then Alex had his last day of tae kwon do. I was able to thank the wonderful Master for his extraodrinary instruction. And then I got completely choked up as we left.

Tomorrow will be our last day in Knoxville for a long time.

4 comments:

Michelle Castine said...

Many Blessings as you leave on your adventure!! You will all be in our thoughts and prayers! What an exciting time for you guys. Be safe--be well...love you!! Michelle, Dale and family
XOXOX = )

Beth said...

Hi Michelle, I got your address from another Michelle you know :) We live in Korea right now. I'm thinking about you as you are right up on moving. How exciting and scary all at the same time!! Don't worry about the plane flight--I traveled with my then 4 year old and 18 month old. The staff are great!

I remember saying all of our goodbyes and for some reason when it came to it, it was easier than I thought. Looking forward to reading about your fascinating experiences!

beth (in Korea)

cusick said...

hey all!
you are on your way as I type! good luck and be safe! what a wonderful adventure and just think, it is just beginnig! most important, you 5 are together!
can't wait to hear from you again!
love, the cusicks

Unknown said...

Michelle,

So glad you are safely in your new home and having some time to become acclimated to the city. Take care and know we'll be checking in on you all. Aron sends his hellos to Alex; all the kids were talking about missing him last week in Sunday school!

Let us know how life is going. It's fascinating to hear all about it!!

Love and blessings to you,
Meredith