Monday, September 11, 2006

Don't Worry About A Thing...cause every little thing's...

gonna be alright...

OK, I'm getting used to the idea that this is really going to happen and I'm ready to get ready. Already have cleaned out the closets and gotten RID of stuff, and I've come to terms with selling the house. The big breakthrough came last night talking with DH about the fact that I have in the past given up income to raise our kids because I trust him (very scary for me!) and now I'm giving up pretty much everything I am and have outside of our little nuclear family to move AROUND THE WORLD with him. Serious trust. Just verbalizing that and putting it out there seems to have made a big difference in how I'm viewing this move. Strange but good. I'm ready to support the kids and give them the reassurance they need, to be the grown-up, I guess.

We're getting the schools apps in this week - a thousand dollars, just to APPLY - that's quite a commitment. One that I'm ready to make. I feel like that PBS ad "I'm Ready!" Lots to do yet, but I think we'll be okay.

Now, just worries about the stability of the economy and sociopolitical situation in China. Bigger worries that I can really wrap my mind around right now, so I'm going to just trust. There's that word again...

No comments: