Friday, September 22, 2006

Well, we still haven't sent in our applications for the International School; they're all completed. We just to add copies of passports, and my scanner has been on the fritz for about a year. So we need to do that and then we can get those sent in. That will relieve a lot of anxiety on my part, provided they get accepted. If they don't, well, that will greatly increase my anxiety I suppose! Yep, gotta get them in.

I started taking an online class to get a certificate to Teach English as a Foreign Language. I'm hoping for at least one of the following to happen: that I'll get a job at the International School (half the tuition, half the SOS International Clinic membership, plus pool privileges!); that I'll start a voluntary English class for the China RSC employees; and that I'll be able to teach Ling Ling how to speak English, and any other friends who have helped us and who need help learning. I go at my own pace for this class, and I'm pretty excited about it.

It's strange making new friends, knowing we'll only be here for another six months. It's almost like I don't want to invest the time I should because I know I won't be able to maintain all my friendships once we leave. It's almost like the "spongeworthy" Seinfeld episode...is this person timeworthy? I think I'm also more negative than usual about everything just because Tim has been gone all this week, will be somewhere else next week, and leaves for China the week after that. I'm getting used to doing all the parenting and housekeeping stuff, but it gets really old. I miss that extra person. Don't get me wrong, I know I'm lucky. I've had the "extra person" talk with divorced and widowed friends, and friends with husbands in Iraq. I know I'm blessed as can be because he's home most weekends (except the China ones); he's the breadwinner; we can talk on the phone; and I still have my best friend as my best friend, in this world. OK, I feel better already. Really, I am so lucky. Truly, how could I possibly be more blessed? I'm just fine. : )

No comments: