Friday, December 21, 2007

Time Keeps On Slippin, Slippin, Slippin...

It seems like our time here in the U.S. is just flying by! Already over a week we've been here - although a few of those days were spent in a jetlag haze. Only two weeks from today we'll be heading back to China. Want to know a secret? Spending time in the U.S. is making me want to stay in the U.S.! I'm not really looking foward to going back to China. Just something as simple as using my mom's fancy-pants appliances (really, they're nice but very normal appliances...) that are so much nicer than the very old, very basic ones I have in my house over there. Yeah, I know, I'm lucky to have the appliances I have compared to most Chinese.

I do understand that regular, daily life here wouldn't be an endless stream of playdates, dinners out and parties. At least not all the time. It's the holiday season and we have many people to catch up with in a short amount of time. I think that makes life in the U.S. seem so much more fun right now. Thanks to Meredith & family, Heidy & family, Nicholas & family, Cooper & family, Jonathan & family, Dick & Jo, my brother & family, my dad & family, Dr. Angie & family, and of course, my mom and Wayne...such fun we're having here! Sure wish Barb & family were still here, too!

I hope that by January 4 I am more eager to get back home to my life in China! If only there was a Mellow Mushroom there...*sigh*...do I complain too much???

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can I airmail Mellow Mushroom in dry ice? Just a thought...

We had a blast...looking forward to seeing your crew today!

Barb said...

Barb & family wish we were still there too!!!! Glad you are having such a great time, Michelle. You know what....I'm missing Mellow Mushroom and I don't live half way around the world. They have an Italian Resturant close by whose pizza we like, but it's just not the same.

Beth said...

Oh, Michelle, I understand. That's actually one reason we never went home in the year and a half we lived in Korea. I just knew that when it came time to go home it would be hard. But, I do think your time home will make staying in China longer much more manageable. Enjoy your Christmas with family!

beth