Sunday, December 30, 2007

Poof!

I am a pufferfish. I've been eating everything I've missed this last 10 months, with no regard to consequences. And now I'm blowing up like a big ol' poofed-up pufferfish. Time to go back to China, where the food's not so good or so huge, and where I walk all the time.

OK, so I'm getting used to the idea and I'm missing our family routine, back to school, back to our house across the pond. I am certainly NOT looking forward to the big-ass plane ride with the kids, although they were fantastic on the way here. But I'm okay with getting back to being near Hong Kong, back to our friends, back to our life there. I will dearly miss my church, my mom and her husband, my favorite restaurants, my friends here. Of course I'll also miss my other family, though I'm used to not seeing them on a regular basis anyhow. What a lovely holiday we all had together!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I too am "poofing," and have no excuse as good as yours! (I can hardly imagine you being poofy anyway!)

We will miss you greatly, Michele! You were here and then "poof," you were gone too fast!

Barb said...

Well we are back from Virginia. It was a wonderful trip and it was good to see family again and spend time with them. My mom cried for the first time in a long time when we were pulling out of her driveway. It broke my heart. Nicholas and Savanna are growing up so fast and I think it hit her hard this time. I wish we were closer to her and could spend more time with her. Sometimes I feel like we live as far away as China. I loved the Christmas card...thank you so much for sending us one. You all look so very happy! I didn't have your moms address and therefore didn't send you one, but I will slip it in the mail now. Hopefully you will get it before you leave for home.

I'm in the puffer fish club as well. My mom is such an awesome cook I couldn't just stop at one helping.

Take care, Michelle! Enjoy the rest of your visit and have a safe trip home!!!!

Michelle W. said...

I hear you! I haven't even been 'missing' anything, and I still ate too much!

Have a safe trip back home (and we LOVED your photos and card!)
Thank you!!!

Michelle

heidy said...

wow, I didnt' realize you'd been blogging while in the US! I just got all caught up.
Now you must be back "home" in China and attempting to get back into your normal routine, as we will be doing in a few days when school starts again.
It was wonderful to see you guys, thanks for making time for us, I kinow you had a lot of other friends to see, so we are grateful you made time for us.
I know you really enjoyed being back home, when are you able to come back again?
take care and a Happy , Healthy new year to you all!
heidy

Beth said...

We did the same thing when we came home--ate everything in sight with no guilt or remorse!! What a wonderful feeling! Don't worry, you'll lose it all once you're back in China :)

beth

Hope you all are doing well now that you're back. I read your more recent posts and am so glad you're glad to be back. Home truly is good, isn't it?