Saturday, January 05, 2008

Strange but True Facts!

We are back in China. It's January, and I'm looking out at sunshine and the honeysuckles in bloom all around my house, my banana tree, and all the green. In January! Yippee!

Yesterday on the plane, both during and after, we were complimented by several people on how well-behaved our kids are, and what good, patient travelers they are. Yippee!

Here's some wierd psychology: When we were in the U.S. we started flirting with the idea of buying a home, one with a 12-month lead time so we wouldn't be paying the mortgage for as long. During this little exploration, we were checking out beautiful new homes with beautiful new appliances and picturing our life back in the U.S. It was making me NOT want to come home and I was getting pretty super-bummed out. We eventually decided it would not be a good idea to do this until we know our timeline better and what our needs will be when we do return. As soon as we decided that and stopped thinking about coming BACK, I got pretty excited about going home to China and back to our life here. I am now very much at peace with being here and finishing up Tim's assignment here. Yippee!

It's good to be home.

4 comments:

heidy said...

hey Michelle!
it was heartwarming to read your latest blog! Glad to hear that you are HAPPY to be "HOME"
your kids are wonderful, so it doesn't surprise me that you were complimented on how well behaved they were on that LONG flight!
I love ya' Michelle!
heidy

Barb said...

Michelle,

I'm glad you guys are safe at home again. Don't you love it when you receive compliments on your children! It always reminds me I'm doing some things right as a parent. Also, that I'm meeting one of my goals to take these beautiful gifts from God and guide them to become well mannered and kind people. I can't think of any greater reward, can you?

Take care and send some sunshine to Ohio, would you PLEASE!!!!

Anonymous said...

Glad you are feeling good about being back in China! Although I do have to say, we passed Maggie Moos today and we really missed you guys!

Big hellos to the kiddos!! (And did Alex get his electric guitar for Christmas? Aron is dying to know!!)

Anonymous said...

Michelle,
I am so glad that you made it home safely. You know how much you and yours are missed here, but I feel much better knowing that you feel at home. You know that anytime you are here we would love to visit. I forgot to get you Cooper's email address. If you want to send me an email I will enclose the sheet so that Andrew can have a printout.
Miss you lots!
Much love,
Angie