Tuesday, January 15, 2008

A Fishy Story

Last night Tim went out for Japanese food with some colleagues. They went to a very fancy Japanese fusion place and had quite a variety of seafood, sushi and sashimi. Sushi has rice in it; sashimi is the raw fish that most people think is sushi.
He said he was served the freshest fish he's ever had, and this is how he proved it: the fish was served on a bed of ice, the (raw) filets presented in front of the actual fish it was taken from. The fish it was taken from had the full head and tail and its sides had been cut out for the sashimi filets. And, the fish was still moving. Now, that's fresh.
Tim passed on the fish sashimi and went for the food that wasn't still alive.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I always knew Tim was a bright guy--he just proved it again. Good choice, Tim.

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my site, it is about the CresceNet, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://www.provedorcrescenet.com . A hug.

Anonymous said...

Eeeew! Wise choice on Tim's part!
I haven't been brave enough to ever try sushi...well unless you count a California roll w/ mock crab. I'm just not into seafood in general.

Friday fish fry at the Darboy Club is about as adventuresome as I get in that department - lol! ;-)

Michelle W.

Anonymous said...

Ok. I just threw up a little bit in my thoat!!! Good for Tim...stick to the less fresh and less wiggly stuff!

Beth said...

Oh my gosh, Michelle! This exact same thing happened to us in Korea! Sea urchins and sea cucumbers cut in half and still throbbing--yuck! It was almost too much for my pregnant body to look at, much less eat. Needless to say, we ate a lot of rice that meal :)

beth

heidy said...

oh my gosh....I don't think I couldn't eaten or watched someone else eat food/fish that was still alive!
What a wonderful strange trip you all are on! :)
heidy

Barb said...

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW! Our Italian neighbors invited us over for Christmas Eve and I tried squid soup....does that count? It was disgusting, actually, but I felt rude if I didn't try. The things we do for friends, huh? I think it was AFV that had a similar video clip to what Tim experienced...YUCK!