Saturday, January 26, 2008

A Blue Mohawk, Twists and Crazy Red Hair

Yesterday was Crazy Hair Day at the kids' school...what do you think?
I think it should have been called "Way-Cool Hair Day" but luckily, I'm not in charge!

I got a call from a woman who wanted a tattoo cake for today...at first she said she wanted a cake with a man's arm on it with a tattoo on the arm. And the tatttoo the birthday guy has is a PHOENIX. OK, I'm sorry but I think that's a tad above my expertise level. She said really to just do any tattoo on it. So here is what I came up with:
The heart says "BAD TO THE BONE" on it. Cheesey? Or art? You decide...either way, it was delicious - I had a little extra batter left over & made a mini-cake with it in my Chinese toaster oven. And the cake ended up being for two guys so I had to make it very manly!



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

KUDOS on the tattoo cake...I wouldn't think any bakery could make one quite so cute! And the crazy hair is awesome!!

heidy said...

love the hair! you're right....way cool! I bet the kids had a lot of fun!
The tattoo cake looks very manly! I'm sure the guys loved it!
you are blessed with quite a talent!

Anonymous said...

That cake is too funny!!!

And I love their hair! Annabelle finally has enough hair to put up in pigtails. ( It's so fine, though, the elastics usually slip right out within minutes!)

God Bless,
Michelle W

Barb said...

You are a mighty talented young mother, Michelle!

Did Ella like having her hair different? Savanna has always loved doing different hairstyles...too cute!!!!!

The guys look pretty psyched about their dews....LOVE IT (0: