Thursday, January 17, 2008

Rock On, Little Man


Tonight my son's school had a Night at the Wax Museum, where they researched a great historical figure or current hero, dressed up as said person, and did a little skit being that person. They each made a poster with more information about the person to put behind them. You walk up to the child, push a "button" on their shoulder, and the wax figure "comes to life."
My son chose Bono as his hero, with perhaps a limited amount of input from Mom.
We were hearing comments from people before we even got to the room he was in - "your son is doing an awesome job." "your son really rocks." "I can't get enough of Bono." It was cool but I wanted to hear it for myself. He had his hair slicked back, a rock star t-shirt (thank you, Meredith!!) and wraparound shades. He did look cool. Then he started out by singing "Vertigo," which is a pretty rockin' hit. He talked about being Bono and all the great things Bono does in addition to awesome music.
A news team happened to be doing a little story on our international school, and they were there for the Wax Museum, as well. They chose our son to interview! So, a friend was there and told me what she heard:

News: Why did you choose Bono?
DS: Well, because I love ROCK AND ROLL.
News: Where are you from?
DS: I'm from the USA, man!
News: How did you come up with a costume?
DS: I did it myself! Well, my dad helped a little. And my mom.

That kid is something else. He cracks us up. I can't wait to see it on TV - yes, CHINESE TV. Should be interesting!


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, Michelle! ROFL!
He is adorable!
(and Bono....how fun/cool is that!)
Way to go little dude! ;-)

Michelle W.

heidy said...

Love that Alex! He makes an awesome little Bono...do you know that in 5th grade Markus's class did a wax museum? So far away , yet some things ARE the same!
I sure hope you were able to tape the news interview that night! Will they translate Alex's words into Manderine?
I think Bono is pretty cool too!
heidy

Anonymous said...

Could I adore Alex more??? I love it! So glad his shirt continues to inspire him. See, I actually helped the kid with his schoolwork!! What a great influence I am!!

Rock ON Alex!!

Barb said...

I LOVE Bono!!!!! Nicholas was General Patton in 5th grade when they had the wax museum. (big surprise, I know) What a great idea to make learning fun.

Beth said...

Rock on! We are a U2-loving family, too. My Emma can pick out a U2 song anywhere. I would have loved to have heard that. Kudos to the teachers, too, very cool idea.

beth