Sunday, June 08, 2008

Birthday Week

Last night Tim threw me a surprise birthday party! He'd been planning it for weeks and was really sneaky about it! My dear neighbor made me a cake, another friend helped with invites, and Alex helped him decorate the restaurant. Our dear Hong Kong friends came all the way over to share the evening. This was especially nice because they just had a baby 3 weeks ago, and we spent my actual birthday with them in Hong Kong on Wednesday.
I got to wear a beautiful necklace that said "BEHOLD THE AGELESS WONDER" with the number 40 all over it (it was really obnoxious!) . There were streamers and all sorts of decorations - he really did a it great job.
It was such a lovely surprise!
My multicultural friends sang "Happy Birthday" to me in four different languages - Swedish, German, English and Chinese.
He had an excellent buffet dinner for us including fish and chips from the Irish Pub the party was held at. The party was on the top floor, open-air, upstairs from the bar where my favorite local band plays. So after eating and relaxing and having fun upstairs, we all headed downstairs to dance the night away to the rockin' sounds of "Mind the Gap."

It's the rainy season here so it had been pouring all day - luckily the outdoor room was at least covered. The floor was wet but we were dry. Many people braved pouring rain to come to the party.

Everybody commented about what a great party it was - we all had such a blast! What a fantastic husband I have!

4 comments:

michelle said...

Oh Michelle!
That is just fantastic! I'm glad that you had such a fun party, (Way to go Tim!) and such a wonderful way to celebrate your special birthday!

Again...MANY happy wishes for you! :-)

Michelle

heidy said...

Sounds terrific! I think its grand that Tim was able to actually surprise you! Sure wish we could've been there! The kids and I will have to sing you Happy Birthday in Estonian when you come to the states! (Ray does a decent job of it as well!)
Love'd all the photos!

Barb said...

Boy, looks like you had a blast! We are so blessed to have the husbands we do. What a sweet surprise...KUDOS to Tim!!!!! So, how does it feel?????? You look awesome and very happy. Hope to see you soon!

Unknown said...

Ooh, great party!!! My husband had to wear a shot glass necklace around his neck for his 40th!! So you got off easy!!