Monday, June 23, 2008

Irony

Would you believe I sort of didn't want to come home? I have made some super-special friends in China and our time together is limited by the fact that we're mostly there for just a few years. How funny compared to last summer when I was so miserable and lonely...it's a good feeling.

It's lovely to be in the U.S. - yesterday I went to my church and was welcomed by my big Faith family there. And then we went to my favorite pizza place, then to visit some very, very dear friends to just hang with them. Dinner with my mom and her husband last night...it really is nice here.

However, here are some things I did NOT miss while in China:
Pre-presidential election MUD-SLINGING...UGH! It was great to not be in the U.S. for the majority of that junk. Really, it's ridiculous.
Tomato scares
Having to drive everywhere instead of walking...I miss walking my neighborhood! Everything seems so far apart here! So funny...
Cheap stuff like pants from the J. Crew and Ann Taylor factory stores for about $5 each
Cheap manicures, pedicures, massages and hair washes - it's so expensive here!

But, it's nice to be here for a little while. I hope to see everybody this summer at some point if you can! Call me at my mom's - if you don't know her number, just shoot me an e-mail. Thanks for checking up on us!

3 comments:

heidy said...

hey Michelle!
I wouldn't mind going far away not hearing all that political crap!
So glad that you're so much happier with your life over there!
Enjoy your stay! How long will you be here?

Barb said...

Wow...are you going to want to come back to us????? One thing I have to say is a positive about moving around ALL my life is all the wonderful people I have met along the way...some for a day, for a season and some for a lifetime. I have even met some special friends here in Aurora I would dearly miss if we were to move again. Life is full of surprises, isn't it? Keep the TV off while you are here...it is awful, I agree.

Anonymous said...

Hi Michelle,
We are so glad that you made it here safely. Maybe we could get the kids together to swim at our pool. Cooper would love to see Andrew and I would love to see you. I will give you a call.
Angie