Tuesday, July 22, 2008

The Dells

First off, my camera battery is dead so there are no lovely photos to accompany this blog. SORRY. Today we drove to Wisconsin Dells, which is a big tourist area. We are staying overnight with Tim's mom at an awesome, new indoor water park resort. There are three different water parks indoors, and two huge ones outside. There are rides and fun things for kids of all ages - lazy rivers for Grandma B. and cute little shallow-water play areas for Ella. And really fun giant slides and wave pools.

We had a blast today! The boys went on slide after slide after slide, and hit the wave pool as many times as they could.

We went to the indoor parks because it was a little chilly at first, then we sort of got comfortable and stayed there. We had planned on hitting the giant outdoor park after dinner tonight but the kids (and maybe the adults) are just beat! Ella just passed out on the couch - poor baby.

We'll have a quiet evening in our beautiful condo and then hit the outdoor park tomorrow. I hope it's warmer tomorrow! I think I've gotten spoiled living in tropical southern China! Because what seems to be perfectly acceptable outdoor swimming weather for the Wisconsinites that still live here (I'm always a 'Sconnie at heart!) leaves me blue and shivering.

Tomorrow we'll head to visit my dad and his wife for a few days and then farther up north to visit my brother and his family for a few days. We're hitting a good chunk of Wisconsin this trip and I am having a blast. I'm also looking forward to some chill time next week before heading back home to China!

4 comments:

heidy said...

Sounds like you all are having a terrific time! Glad to hear it! Will you recharge your battery! I'd love to see some pics!
I like it hot when I swim....had a tough time with that when we lived in New Hampshire!
be safe and have FUN!

Barb said...

I'm beginning to love indoor waterparks! I'm with Heidy, I like it hot when I swim too! We live 5 minutes from a waterpark, but it's outside and the water has to be very warm for me to even put my feet in. We've been a few times so far. We also went to an indoor one about 45 minutes away...very cool! I can just picture Ella sleeping on the couch. Playing in water all day wears you out. Glad to hear you guys are enjoying yourselves in Wisconsin! Take care (o:

Beth said...

Michelle! I somehow lost your web address over the past summer (I changed how I check up on them), so I'm so glad you commented! Sounds like you're having a wonderful summer with friends and family. Enjoy your time here. We've been "home" (the STates) for a year, and Korea seems so far away sometimes. I miss it, and our time there. I hope you are excited to go back to China, too :)

Anonymous said...

Glad you all are having a wonderful time. Call me when you get back and we can try to get the boys together to play.
Angie