Friday, July 11, 2008

update

We're halfway through our summer holiday in the USA. We've been seeing some great friends and having a really nice time. So glad to be here.


Tonight I went to a cooking class at Williams-Sonoma. It was a Summer Salads course and we had some excellent salads - the chef prepares them and shows you how to make them, then we EAT them. We had lobster-raspberry-corn-snap pea salad; chicken-cashew-citrus-cilantro salad; fresh tuna salad (not from a can!); and candied pecan-chicken tender-mesclun salad. And excellent lemon cake. It was awesome but by the time I was finished I thought my stomach was going to explode! I have GOT to stop eating so much! Do I have to say the word? Yes, PUFFERFISH! AAAAAACK! I have been walking brisky every morning so at least I'm getting some exercise.

Tomorrow we're having a party for Alex's birthday - he will be 9 on Thursday so we're having a big shindig at one of those jumping places. We also invited some of Andrew's little friends. How cool is this: my son has agreed that no, he does not need any more STUFF so it would be great if everybody coming to the party donates to their favorite charity instead of bringing a gift. He originally wanted people to give to the Sichuan Earthquake victims but we couldn't find an easy way to do that. It's a pay-it-forward birthday - the kids get a fun time and goodie bags and lunch, then they pay it forward. Love it! Love that kid!
My stepdad is in the hospital as of this evening with pneumonia - he'll be in there for a few days. Please keep our dear Wayne in your prayers for healing and speedy recovery. Thanks!

4 comments:

heidy said...

wow! Happy Birthday Alex! You're a great kid wanting to help others. I know your parents are so proud of you!
Had a wonderful time seeing you guys! thanks for coming to visit.
We'll be thinking of Wayne, let us know how things are going!
hope to see you again.

Barb said...

Please tell Wayne we are thinking about him and are keeping him in our prayers. You don't need to tell me how important those are and how hard it is to see someone you care about not feeling well. Give your mom a huge hug from me!

Pay it forward birthday...I LOVE IT!!!! Give Alex a big hug too and tell him we all wish him the best birthday EVER!!!!!

Keep in touch!

Unknown said...

Michelle,

Hope it was a great party and that Wayne is feeling better. We are just back from Kentucky and hopefully can get together soon! I"ll touch base w'you Tues. at the ELC...James is starting then for hi summer days...

michelle said...

Prayers for Wayne!

I'm glad that your trip is going well so far. (And your class sounds incredible!) I'm drooling!

Enjoy the rest of your trip, and let me know if you make it up this way! ;-)

Michelle