Sunday, March 11, 2007

I hope you can read this!

My whole blog turned Chinese when I signed on tonight! Yikes, I guess they know my computer's here now. Well, just so you know, starting Monday morning I did feel much better, and I really do appreciate the encouraging e-mails and blog comments from my friends. I miss you all very much. I guess Sundays will be hard for a while, and I also guess I really need to stick around on Sundays and go to the church that's right in my neighborhood. I think just plugging myself in will be helpful for me, emotionally, spiritually, and physically (because I have to walk down the hill...) : )

This past week went mostly well. I get a LOT of exercise going up and down the hill several times a day to pick up boys for lunch at different times, and drop them off at school, then pick them up again. After I drop them off in the afternoons, I usually head over to the market for the day's groceries. I then head back up the steep, long hill to my house. I could, of course, take a golf cart up the hill once in my neighborhood, but each time the security guard looks at me, it's almost like a dare. I know he's expecting me to ask for a golf cart, so....I DON'T. I trudge on up with my two sacks of groceries and I tell myself I will soon have the most lovely thighs I've ever had. WHEW.

Andrew is having a tough time adjusting to his new school. He and his old teacher really clicked, and there was a lot of love in that class. In this class, his teacher is fine but she doesn't know him yet, doesn't know how sweet and smart and funny he is. So, each day he's been crying about going back to school. I'm hoping that things will get easier for my baby.

We hired an ayi this past Monday. Ayi means "auntie" in Chinese - and it sounds nicer than "maid." She cleans the house and she also takes care of the kids if I need her to (but I usually don't). It's been very different having somebody live here, and having somebody clean up after us and do our laundry. Awkward and strange, but I think I can get used to it (can you say SPOILED??)

I think that helped a lot, too, having somebody around to help out, especially if Tim has a late night. I can really concentrate on having quality time with my kids instead of always having to clean something up or do laundry. I do the cooking still, because I know what my family likes to eat, and I like to cook.

This past weekend we took a ferry to Hong Kong and then a subway to Disneyland. The subway line that goes to Hong Kong is so cool - the windows are mouse-shaped and the seats are plush and curved; the handles you hold onto if you're standing are mouse ears and hang from red suspender straps. The floor has sparklies in it, and there are Disney statues throughout the train cars. We had such a fun day - we all rode the carousel together, and Buzz Lightyear, plus just had a ball together. We then met our dear friends for an evening in Hong Kong and shopping the following day. Had a great time, and got home very late. We do love Hong Kong, and we do love our friends who live there. I think, though, that we're going to STAY HOME next weekend and have some restful time together.

So, things are looking up. My mom and Wayne have plane tickets to come - yippee!! Thanks for checking up on us.

No comments: