Sunday, March 04, 2007

Today's not such a good day in resort land. I miss my mom so much it hurts to breathe sometimes, and I'm wondering just what I was thinking when I thought this would be a good idea. It's Sunday night here, and Sunday night has always been our night to have dinner with mom and Wayne and just be together before the week starts. It's Sunday morning there, and she's on her way to church. I miss my church, I miss my friends, I miss my kids' preschool, I miss my house. I miss my life. I hope I can be happy here.

4 comments:

Beth said...

Hang in there! I feel for you, but I can tell you that while there will of course be more days like this, there will also begin to be more and more good days. Keep reminding yourself that you're on an adventure :)

beth (in Korea-for 1 year already!)

Angie Goethert said...

Michelle,
Please know that you are in my thoughts and prayers everyday. We miss you too! I know that God's plan for you is a great one. You are such strong wonderful person.

I will be thinking of you often,
Angie

Michelle W. said...

Oh Michelle,
Hang in there!
I know what it's like to be homesick! (I was terribly homesick when we moved to San Diego) Granted, we hadn't left the country - but it felt like a world away.

I came to LOVE it, and now I'm 'homesick' FOR San Diego!

The best thing is to get out and explore. Meet new people, experience new things, and don't dwell on the sadness. Before long you'll find you're having the time of your life.

You'll be in my prayers!
Michelle W.

Unknown said...

hugs and prayers to you across the way...we miss you guys...I know it will get better, but I'm sorry it's so hard for you right now...

take care....