Monday, March 17, 2008

Baker's Anonymous

This morning I was running to grab a cup of tea and a danish before my Chinese lesson. I ran into some friends I haven't seen in a while - one basically started my cake business. She's been here for 5 years and my cake was the first "real" cake she'd seen or tasted in China. The other friend is the one who organized the dessert event I catered last month - all based on her love of my cake. So, I sat down with them for a chat and mentioned I'm taking a break from cakin' for a while. They looked disappointed so I said that, of course, I'd still fill orders for them since I know them and they're easy to please. They were very supportive about my decision.
About 5 minutes later, one of them turned to me and asked if she could order a cheesecake THIS WEEK for her family! It was really funny, to me, because she was completely serious. So, what did I say? I said YES! I admit it - I am addicted to baking!

1 comment:

heidy said...

your posts always make me smile...thanks friend!