Sunday, March 23, 2008

Happy Easter from the Behlings!
In church here this morning (where we sat listening to a message for 45 minutes until I thought my bottom was going to fall right off) we said "He is risen! He is risen indeed!" in Chinese. I wish I could remember how we said it to share with you; sorry.
Days like this I sure do miss my old church and my funny, thought-provoking, challenging pastor who did his sermons in about 8 minutes. And I missed (so much) singing "Jesus Christ is Ris'n Today" with the trumpets and big organ and such. But, I was able to share Easter fellowship with a whole bunch of passionate Christians from all over the world, and that, my friend, is one of the reasons we're here - and very, very cool. Now we're getting ready for a big dinner with a big family - 10 people from one family (including in-laws and a niece, 5 kids, mom and dad). Should be fun - the ham smells terrific. Have a blessed Easter.

3 comments:

michelle said...

Oh they look adorable!
I'm so glad that you had a nice Easter!

We did have the 'traditional' Lutheran Easter service...with the organ and the brass ensemble. It was lovely, and I actually thought of you during the service! I'm glad to hear that your service was nice, too!

(I have a question for you...Is the "He is risen indeed" a Lutheran thing? Because I had never heard it before I married Paul and became Lutheran. Paul doesn't know either....)

Happy Easter!
Michelle

Anonymous said...

We said He is RISEN for you!!! We missed seeing you today...Pastor Bob did another great sermon entitled "Christ is On the Loose!" Tears in my eyes at the end.

Glad you are having a good day and the kids look adorable (Alex is rocking the new 'do!!)

Happy belated Easter!!

heidy said...

Happy Easter to all of you!
Your children are beautiful and are looking so big!
heidy & family