Friday, March 21, 2008

The Gold Medal Goes To...

This week was the Reading Olympics at our kids' school (the Olympics will be in China this year). There were all sorts of fun reading activities all week, and the school provided athletic headbands to all students. Since my Alex was the only one in his class to wear his all day, all week, he was chosen to represent his class in receiving their gold medal at the awards ceremony today. Andrew, too, was selected in his class to receive it - that was mighty cool to see both my boys so proud and grown-up!
Andrew's grade "hosted" the awards assembly, and my boy had a little speaking part. He did great! I would have photos but my camera was missing for a few days. Luckily, I complained to my dear friend Kelly that it was missing and she said "Oh! It's at my house!" because we had thrown a baby shower there last week. I was SO relieved because I thought it had been stolen! Yay, Kelly!
This weekend kicks off spring break for us, and on Tuesday we will be heading to Cebu, Philippines. It's supposed to be a lovely beach resort, adn I'm looking forward to just sitting on the beach and relaxing! I WILL be posting photos of our trip because Kelly found my camera!
It is Easter weekend and I sure wish I could have attended Good Friday services today. I did, however, go out for fish n' chips which is as close as I can get to a Friday Nite Fish Fry, for all you Wisconsinites (go, Badgers!). And I will be going to church somewhere on Sunday, not sure if it will be here or in Hong Kong. Apparently there is a bit of a flu crisis going on in Hong Kong - not sure it's a good idea to head over there to mingle with a bunch of other people in a room...probably we'll stay here and worship.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Easter Michelle! I am really jealous of your spring break...ours was spent with Aron having an upper respiratory infection and me ending up with a stomach virus!! Bah!

Have fun...and definitely post pics!!

michelle said...

Have a wonderful time!
(OH...and I can't hear the word "Cebu" without thinking of Veggie Tales, LOL!) ;-)

Michelle

heidy said...

Please be sure to blog about your spring break trip! and yes...post photos!
enjoy!
heidy